Indonesia's PT Telkom has reported a 6.7% slump in its net profit for the first nine months of the year, as the costs of an early retirement plan outweighed revenue gains.
The Vietnamese government has awarded NEC and other Japanese companies the contracts to construct two monitoring satellites, to be used for purposes including natural disaster management.
Amazon aims to introduce the Kindle and the Kindle Fire tablet to the market, but is currently in talks with regulators over copyright issues surrounding the content.
A bug in Apple's location services system for iOS 5 may be the cause of reported rapid battery drain in some iPhone 4S handsets.
Indian state-owned operator BSNL may soon get compensation for maintaining unprofitable services, or be allowed to exit the lossmaking operations, according to a telecom ministry source.
Thai state-owned operator TOT is maintaining its 3G rollout targets, including having 4,772 base stations by next may, despite acknowledging the risk of delays due to the recent severe flooding.
Motorola Mobility will lay off 800 employees, at a cost of around $31 million, as it prepares for its $12.5 billion acquisition by Google.
MTN Group had 158.6 million customers across 22 African and Middle Eastern countries by the end of September.
- THE WRAP: Facebook's IPO, India's shared spectrum rules
- Webwire: Indian majors defend roam deals; Sony forecasts FY loss
- Webwire: China accused of economic espionage; NEC may build gear in India LG plans smart TV SDK; Yahoo
- Webwire: HP board may oust CEO; PLDT denies airline buy rumors
- THE WRAP: Google buys Moto, Apple sued in SK