In the 15 years since the Internet became a commercial phenomenon and the World Wide Web was invented, there has been an explosive growth in the number of services that customers are able to access via their telecommunications connection—and most of them were created and supplied by third parties.
This is not to say that there has been no growth in telco-created applications, but growth has been largely restricted to a tiny handful of new services such as IPTV.These unavoidable facts have led to a sea-change in the attitude of network providers to third party application and content providers. They are beginning to recognize that there are two possible ways they can work with them.
This report provides network operators with a step-by-step guide to working effectively with third parties.
- Application enablement: Delivering a trusted Web experience to increase revenue
- Targeted interactive advertising: A killer revenue app
- The importance of creating a seamless customer experience
- Services access and onboarding: The new game for network operators
- Show your network some love - Network lifecycle management