Cricket: James Faulkner parts ways with PSL after payment conflict

Shubham Singh
21 Feb 2022
16:22
Cricket: James Faulkner parts ways with PSL after payment conflict

Veteran Australian All-Rounder James Faulkner has decided to leave the PSL after he alleged that the Pakistan Cricket Board(PCB) didn’t fulfill the commitment of the contract. During a recent incident on Friday, James had lost his temper, throwing away his bat and helmet from the balcony after a discussion with a PCB official. According to reports, PCB had transferred 70% of the amount to Faulkner but the remaining 30% of it couldn’t be sent due to some revised bank ruling and a change in an account, and details of it are yet to emerge. PCB has called Faulkner’s behaviour reprehensible and has claimed that no player has ever complained about the non-fulfillment of contract before in the history of PSL.

I apologise to the Pakistan cricket fans. But unfortunately I've had to withdraw from the last 2 matches and leave the @thePSLt20 due to the @TheRealPCB not honouring my contractual agreement/payments. I've been here the whole duration and they have continued to lie to me. It hurts to leave as I wanted to help to get international cricket back in Pakistan as there is so much young talent and the fans are amazing. But the treatment I have received has been a disgrace from the @TheRealPCB and @thePSLt20. I'm sure you all understand my position.

James Faulkner calls out PCB

In the seven years of the HBL Pakistan Super League, no player has ever complained about the nonfulfillment of the PCB's contractual obligations," the PCB said. "In spite of the money being transferred and received in his account, Mr Faulkner continued to insist that a second duplicate payment of the same amount be made to his account in Australia. This meant Mr Faulkner would have been paid twice. He further threatened and refused to participate in his side's match against Multan Sultans on Friday afternoon until his money demands were met. The PCB, as a responsible organisation, engaged with Mr Faulkner early Friday afternoon in an attempt to reason with him. Despite his reprehensible and insulting behavior during the conversation, Mr Faulkner was assured that all his grievances would be addressed. He refused to reconsider his decision to take the field in a crucial match for his side, let his team down and demanded that his travel arrangements be immediately made. Prior to his departure on Saturday morning, Mr Faulkner caused deliberate damage to the hotel property and as a result had to pay damages to the hotel management. The PCB later also received reports and complaints from the immigration authorities that Mr Faulkner had acted inappropriately and abusively at the airport. It has been unanimously agreed by the PCB and the franchises that Mr James Faulkner will not be drafted in future HBL Pakistan Super League events.

PCB’s response to James Faulkner

Cricket: South Africa announces squad for Women's World Cup
Cricket: South Africa announces squad for Women's World Cup
Beijing Winter Olympics: GB claims curling gold as the Winter Olympics come to close
Beijing Winter Olympics: GB claims curling gold as the Winter Olympics come to close
Lukewarm response as Obi Toppin wins the Slam Dunk contest
Lukewarm response as Obi Toppin wins the Slam Dunk contest
Comments
No Comments Yet! Be the first to share what you think!