Charlotte Hornets vs Milwaukee Bucks: High-scoring Hornets face a tough test

Charlotte Hornets
Charlotte Hornets
Start
Day
Hours
Minutes
Seconds
Finished
Live
02 Dec 2021 04:00
Milwaukee Bucks
Milwaukee Bucks
Regular Season, NBA
Arena: Fiserv Forum                
Home Floor: Milwaukee Bucks

Shubham Singh
01 Dec 2021
18:50
All time statistics:
179
194
5
47.35%
Statistics
Odds
Bet Type
Bookmaker
Claim Bonus!
Odds 2,35
Bet Type Under 225.5
Bonus 100 USD
Bet Now!
Hornets vs Bucks Prediction, Betting Tips & Odds │2 DECEMBER, 2021

Betting on NBA games is not easy, for example, a team like the New Orleans Pelicans which had only won 2 games and had 14 losses earlier this month has now won four of their last seven games. Teams like the Clippers have been on a seven-game win streak but have lost all momentum, guess who beat them twice recently, the Pelicans! In another one of the unpredictable scenarios, we will see trigger-happy Charlotte Hornets fighting it out against the length of the Milwaukee Bucks. For a quick overview, head to the “Notes” section.

Claim Your Registration Bonus!

Scary length: Antetokounmpo is seven-foot-tall, Portis is 6 feet 9 inches or so, Middleton is six feet six inches or so, Jrue Holiday six foot two inches, and all have quick feet and long arms. Thus, Milwaukee can create fractures through their length on both ends of the floor. If Giannis is in full court, he will dash into the lane and before you can react, he will be slamming one down. Khris is an excellent scorer but has other tools at his disposal too. Jrue hits those important odd shots in the game that keep the flow going somehow in a relatively drier spell too. The Bucks use its length well and has a lot of versatile players, who have the spring as well as skill.

Recently, they have been ruthless: Bucks are not in a holiday season mood out here, they are steamrolling their opponents. Milwaukee has won by the difference of 18, 11, 21, and 31 in their last four games. You can see how massive their wins have been. The team has played the “shut the shop” type of basketball. The team plays a dominating brand of basketball and has not given the opposition many chances. You know you are going to get hurt when usually bench players, Bobby Portis and Grayson Allen can torch you for 15-20. Pat Connaughton also can get 10-15 regularly and this team is deep and clicking. 

Defense is partying somewhere else: Before Houston Rockets had faced Hornets, their highest score was 118, most of their games ended in 91-102 scoring range and the team has struggled on that end. The Rockets put up 135 points in regulation versus Hornets and it was an ugly game for defense lovers. For someone who loves watching a shootout, this was a dream come true. Hornets have given away 115 points a game on average and rank among the bottom teams in defense. Hornets usually go for steals in the lane for easy fastbreaks but their defense can be pierced through careful passing.

The offense is certainly imposing: Hornets have five scorers, who can work through dribbles, play off-the-ball, make cuts, get open from different spots, etc. They have five shot creators in Oubre, Ball, Bridges, Hayward, and Rozier who can light it up from everywhere. It is indeed a scoring-heavy club that can have five guys scoring 16-25 points on the same night. Different players have emerged as top scorers through different games, perhaps in a way the offense is composed beautifully and there is no dry spell because of scoring volume. If the Hornets fix their defense, they can become a deep Playoff team otherwise squads like Warriors, Suns, and Nets must know how to call curtains on this kind of basketball when the playoff intensity peaks.

Here are some quick hitters related to the game:

  • Bucks are on a seven-game win streak, they have won five out of those games at home so it will be a test for the Hornets;
  • The Hornets have lost their last two games. They are 6-5 away from home;
  • Hornets have scored 119, 143(OT), 133, 106, 109 in the last five games;
  • Milwaukee has scored 118, 120, 114, 123. 117 in the last five games;
  • Milwaukee has allowed 100, 109, 93, 92, 108 in the last five games;
  • The Hornets have allowed 146(OT), 133, 115, 99, 103 in the last five games. They have given 125 or more in regulation many times;
  • Lately, Terry Rozier has had the hot-hand for the Hornets, he has scored 30 or more points a lot lately;
  • Giannis Antetokounmpo has had multiple games of 19 rebounds;
  • Hornets are the highest-scoring team in the league;
  • LaMelo Ball has connected upon 13 assists each in the last three games;
  • Jrue Holiday has scored 20+ points more than Khris Middleton recently;
  • Bobby Portis has been having a superb stretch, he has chipped in with 15-20 points regular and has grabbed 10 or more rebounds multiple times too;
  • Charlotte injuries: Cody Martin and Mason Plumlee are absentees in this game;
  • Milwaukee injuries: Brook Lopez, Semi Ojeleye, and Donte DiVincenzo are all out for the long term;
  • Do check the injury report before placing bets.

Points Range: Hornets must love the word “Points”, they lead the league in that regard. The defense also seems to love points in the Charlotte land. But the offensive journey can find a thorn in the form of the Bucks who are a tough defensive team. Taking various metrics into account and applying my gut, I predict a range of 210-225 here even though the potential is for a 240-260 points game. What option should one pick here?

Prediction: The evaluation here is based upon recent trends but trends are broken in the NBA on a daily basis. So, if I am to set a percentage, I will give a 62% chance to Bucks here and 38% to Hornets. I reckon the Bucks will win with a scoreline of 119:104.

  • Under 225.5 for 2.35;
  • Away Team Total Points: Under 111 for 1.90;
  • Player Props: Player Rebounds Milestone: Giannis Antetkounmpo: 13 for 1.90.
Odds
Bet Type
Bookmaker
Claim Bonus!
Odds 2,35
Bet Type Under 225.5
Bonus 100 USD
Bet Now!
Odds 1,90
Bet Type Away Team Total Points: Under 111
Bonus 250 USD
Bet Now!
Odds 1,90
Bet Type Player Props: Player Rebounds Milestone: Giannis Antetkounmpo: 13
Bonus 200 USD
Bet Now!

Comments
No Comments Yet! Be the first to share what you think!

Other predictions

Chicago White Sox vs Boston Red Sox: Chicago White Sox Confident for a Win
O: 2,01
27 May 2022
03:10
Chicago White Sox vs Boston Red Sox: Chicago White Sox Confident for a Win
Zahra Nathani
Zahra Nathani
Baseball
Live
Royal Never Give Up vs Evil Geniuses Prediction: The final stop for Evil Geniuses
O: 1,60
27 May 2022
11:00
Royal Never Give Up vs Evil Geniuses Prediction: The final stop for Evil Geniuses
Anastasiya Dudkina
Anastasiya Dudkina
Esports
-- : -- : --
Sebastian Korda vs Carlos Alcaraz Prediction: Betting on a Long Match
O: 4,68
27 May 2022
12:00
Sebastian Korda vs Carlos Alcaraz Prediction: Betting on a Long Match
Natalia Okina
Natalia Okina
Roland Garros
-- : -- : --
Cameron Norrie vs Karen Khachanov Prediction: Betting on Norrie's third win over Khachanov
O: 1,89
27 May 2022
12:00
Cameron Norrie vs Karen Khachanov Prediction: Betting on Norrie's third win over Khachanov
Olesya Samkina
Olesya Samkina
Roland Garros
-- : -- : --
John Isner vs Bernabe Zapata Miralles Prediction: John will win the match
O: 1,60
27 May 2022
14:35
John Isner vs Bernabe Zapata Miralles Prediction: John will win the match
Raphael George
Raphael George
Roland Garros
-- : -- : --
Felix Auger Aliassime vs Filip Krajinovic Prediction: Felix is the favourite
O: 1,61
27 May 2022
14:35
Felix Auger Aliassime vs Filip Krajinovic Prediction: Felix is the favourite
Raphael George
Raphael George
Roland Garros
-- : -- : --
Ciaran Teehan vs Michael Warburton Prediction: Bet on Warburton to Win
O: 1,85
27 May 2022
15:35
Ciaran Teehan vs Michael Warburton Prediction: Bet on Warburton to Win
Alizeh Hassan
Alizeh Hassan
Darts
-- : -- : --
Team Liquid vs Guild Esports Prediction: Team Liquid is showing their level
O: 2,62
27 May 2022
17:00
Team Liquid vs Guild Esports Prediction: Team Liquid is showing their level
Anastasiya Dudkina
Anastasiya Dudkina
Esports
-- : -- : --
Royal AM vs Orlando Pirates Prediction: A tough match to end in favor of the guests
O: 2,00
27 May 2022
20:30
Royal AM vs Orlando Pirates Prediction: A tough match to end in favor of the guests
Kingston James
Kingston James
Football
-- : -- : --
Lyon vs Sporting Toulon Var Prediction: Bet on Toulon to Win
O: 1,37
27 May 2022
22:00
Lyon vs Sporting Toulon Var Prediction: Bet on Toulon to Win
Alizeh Hassan
Alizeh Hassan
Rugby
-- : -- : --