Campeonato Brasileiro Serie A. Round 18
Stadium: Arena da Baixada (Curitiba)
Athletico Paranaense will face Atlético Goianiense in round 18 of the Brazilian Serie A. Bookmakers are on the side of the home team, as the Red and Black are fighting for a place in the Copa Libertadores zone, while the guests are fighting for survival.Claim Your Welcome Bonus!
Athletico Paranaense is doing well in the first part of the season. The Red and Black made it to the quarterfinals of Copa Libertadores and Copa do Brasil. Besides, they are sixth in the national championship after 17 rounds played, i.e. in the Libertadores zone. It is true that two rounds ago they were second, but have only scored one point since then and have fallen in the table. The lag from the leading Palmeiras is five points. In general, the future hosts still have a chance to fight for the title. Their home statistics are the 11th in the division, +4=3-1, 11-7 goal difference, the only defeat was recorded from Atlético Mineiro and since then the team has a 12-match unbeaten home streak in three tournaments. During this period, the Red and Black won 9 matches against three draws in the home walls. Excellent statistics.
Like Athletico Paranaense, Atlético GO kept their participation in the Copa Sudamericana, knocking out the Paraguayan Olimpia and beating Goias on aggregate in Copa do Brasil. But in Serie A, the results of the club from Goiânia are not encouraging. Before this round, the future guests are in the 18th position, in the relegation zone, behind Coritiba in the saving 16th place by two points and having three-match losing streak in the championship of Brazil. AGO has only the 17th best statistics on the road, +1=3-4, 7-14 goal difference.
Athletico Paranaense and Atlético GO have played each other 14 times: +10=3-1, 26-14 goal difference. The clubs have faced off in two tournaments: Serie A and Copa do Brasil. In Serie A, 10 matches were registered: +8=2-0, 19-8 in favor of Athletico Paranaense. On the field of Athletico Paranaense, the teams played seven matches: +6=1-0, 14-7 goal difference. We can definitely say that Atlético GO is a comfortable opponent for Athletico Paranaense.
Injuries and suspensions
- Athletico Paranaense: Heleno and Julimar will not play. Christian is questionable;
- Atlético Goianiense: Ramon Menezes, Hayner (suspension) will not play. Luiz Fernando and Airton are questionable.
- Athletico PR had a draw in the first half and won the match in the last three home matches in all competitions against Atlético GO;
- Atlético GO had a draw in the first half, but has lost the match in the last three matches in the Brazilian championship;
- Athletico PR saw at least three goals scored in the last six home games in all competitions against Atlético GO;
- Athletico PR has gone undefeated in the last 12 games in all competitions against Atlético GO;
- Athletico PR has scored at least two goals per meeting in the last six home games in all competitions against Atlético GO;
- Atlético GO saw TU (2.5) in six of the last seven away games in the Brazilian championship;
- Atlético GO has lost the last three games in the Brazilian championship;
- Athletico PR has remained undefeated in the last seven home games in the Brazilian championship;
- Atlético GO has lost by one goal margin in the last three games in the Brazilian championship.
Expert Betting Tips
It is well evident from the head-to-head stats that Atlético GO is a very comfortable opponent for Athletico Paranaense. And after one point in the last two rounds of the Brasileirao, the Red and Black are determined to beat such a comfortable opponent and improve their shaky tournament position. In terms of outcomes, we definitely pick a win for the home team. As for the total, we hope for a productive match, the teammates regularly delighted us with high-scoring encounters, with four TO against one TU in the last five face-offs. Here are the betting options for the upcoming match:
W1 for 1.92 at 1xbet;
W1+TO (2.5) for 3.20 at bet365;
Correct Score 2-1 for 7.50 at 22bet.
TelecomAsia Sport is looking for tipsters for the Chinese Super League. Contact [email protected] for more information.