Championship. Round 4
Stoke City vs Middlesbrough
Stadium: Bet365 (Stoke-on-Trent)
17.08 21:45 (UTC+3)
Stoke City will host Middlesbrough in the fourth round of the EFL Championship. Should we expect few goals and lots of yellow cards? Let’s find out.
Claim Your Welcome Bonus!
Stoke City began the new season of the Championship with an away defeat at the hands of Millwall, 0-2. Then Michael O'Neill's team sent two unanswered goals at home to Blackpool. In the last 64 of the English League Cup, the Potters disappointed their fans by losing to Morecambe. In the third round of the Championship, Stoke failed on the road against Huddersfield Town and suffered a 1-3 defeat. At the moment. the team is 16th in the table.
Middlesbrough played out a draw in the first round of the Championship. Chris Wilder's team exchanged productive actions with West Bromwich Albion (1-1) at home. In the next meeting, the club lost away to Queens Park Rangers 2-3. Boro also finished their performances in the English League Cup, losing at home to Barnsley (0-1). In the third round of the Championship, Middlesbrough shared points with Sheffield United (2-2). At the moment, Wilder's squad is only 19th in the standings.
In the previous season, the match on Stoke's field did not reveal the winner, not pleasing with the productive actions either. In the second leg, Middlesbrough was stronger at home than the Potters with a score of 3-1. In total, the clubs have met in 102 games, Boro having an advantage in terms of wins, 43-36.
- Stoke City: Bursik, Taylor, Flint, Wilmot, Tymon, Clucas, Laurent, Baker, Sparrow, Campbell, Gayle;
- Middlesbrough: Steffen, Dijksteel, Lenihan, Bola, Jones, Howson, McNair, Giles, McGree, Akpom, Hoppe.
- The last seven matches Stoke City played in the Championship at home saw fewer than three goals;
- The last six matches Stoke City hosted Middlesbrough in saw fewer than three goals scored;
- Stoke City had five clean sheets in the last six home encounters with Middlesbrough in all tournaments.
Expert Betting Tips
The meeting between the clubs is expected to be quite tense and interesting. Stoke City and Middlesbrough are still far from the best conditions, but the players are full of desire to make up for it. As the main bet, we suggest considering yellow cards. We also expect the plot of the previous face-off on Stoke's field to repeat, namely a nil draw.
- Yellow Cards TO (3.5) for 1.72;
- X for 3.20;
- Correct Score 0-0 for 7.50.
TelecomAsia Sport is looking for a Qatar-based video blogger to work during the 2022 FIFA World Cup. Contact [email protected] for more information.