English Premier League. Round 13
Stadium: King Power (Leicester)
Leicester City will take on Watford at home in round 13 of the English Premier League. Can Ranieri's team get a second win in a row against a strong opponent?Claim Your Welcome Bonus!
Leicester City form
After losing to Arsenal, Leicester City scored one point in a match against Leeds United that ended 1-1. Last week, the team led by Brendan Rodgers hosted Chelsea at their arena where the Foxes were unable to compete with the leaders and suffered a 3-0 defeat. Due to poor results, Leicester dropped to 12th place in the EPL standings, with 15 points.
Last weekend Watford had one of the biggest sensations of the EPL round 12. The team under Claudio Ranieri was playing a home match against Manchester United. The Hornets performed much better than their opponent and secured a confident win (4-1). Twelve matches played, the club has 13 points and sits 16th in the Premier League standings.
The last time the opponents met was in the 2019-20 EPL season. In the first round, the Foxes sent two unanswered goals against Watford at home. In the second part of the campaign, the teams scored one goal each and did not identify the winner. Leicester City and Watford have met in a total of 67 games in all competitions. The home side enjoys a 30-19 advantage.
- Leicester City: Schmeichel, Castagne, Evans, Soyuncu, Thomas, Maddison, Ndidi, Soumare, Barnes, Vardy, Lookman;
- Watford: Foster, Femenia, Cathcart, Troost-Ekong, Masina, Dennis, Cleverley, Louza, Sissoko, Hernandez, King.
- Watford suffered 10 defeats in the last 12 away EPL matches;
- Leicester City won last 5 home matches against Watford in all tournaments;
- Leicester City did not concede in the last 4 home matches against Watford in all tournaments;
- Leicester City conceded at least 2 goals in the last 4 EPL matches;
- 7 of the last 8 matches Leicester City played saw Corners Total Over 10.5.
Expert Betting Tips
Watford had more time to prepare for the upcoming match. This week, Leicester City played a home game against Legia in the group stage of the Europa League. Rogers' team defeated their opponent 3-1. Leicester City is considered to be the favorite for the next EPL game. I would not write off Watford, who are gradually gaining form – the defeat of Manchester United is proof enough.
The upcoming game is a special one for Watford coach Claudio Ranieri. It was under the guidance of the experienced Italian specialist that Leicester City shocked the soccer world and won the EPL title. Ranieri's players will be as serious about the match at the King Power Stadium as it gets. We should expect active action from the Hornets, as the club will try to take advantage of the weak spots in the home team’s defense. It is also likely that Leicester will extend their streak of at least two goals conceded. I suggest considering the following betting options:
- Watford Total Over (1.5) for 3.20;
- Handicap Watford (0) for 3.90;
- BTTS+TO (2.5) for 1.97.