Stadium: St Mary's (Southampton)
Southampton will host Wolverhampton in round 6 of the English Premier League. Will Wolverhampton be able to upset their opponent at St. Mary's for the second time in a row?
After losing to Everton on the opening day of this English Premier League campaign, Southampton's next four games ended in a draw. The team under Ralph Hasenhüttl shared points with Manchester United and West Ham United at home, and also drew away with Newcastle United and Manchester City. The team's trip to the Etihad was very interesting. Southampton allowed Man City only one shot on goal. Currently, Southampton is 15th in the EPL table with 4 points.
After a 2-0 away win over Watford, Wolverhampton returned to their home ground to take on Brentford. The team under Bruno Lage once again failed to show their best to suffer a defeat (0-2). Five matches played, the Wolves have 3 points and sit 16th in the English Premier League standings.
In the previous season of the English Premier League Wolverhampton achieved a positive result at Southampton Stadium, winning 2-1. In the first round of the EPL at the Molineux Stadium, the Saints and the Wolves scored one goal each. The teams also met in the 1/8 finals of the FA Cup when Southampton scored two unanswered goals away.
- Southampton: McCarthy, Livramento, Bednarek, Salisu, Walker-Peters, Redmond, Ward-Prowse, Romeu, Elyounoussi, Armstrong, Adams.
- Wolverhampton: Sa, Kilman, Coady, Saiss, Semedo, Neves, Moutinho, Marcal, Traore, Jimenez, Trincao.
- Southampton's last 4 matches in the EPL have seen a draw;
- Total Under 2.5 goals were scored in the last 7 Wolverhampton's away matches in the EPL;
- Wolverhampton has suffered 7 defeats in the last 8 matches in the English Premier League;
- Total Over 2.5 goals were scored in the last three home games of Southampton against Wolverhampton;
- Total Under 2.5 goals were scored in Southampton's last 3 home matches in the EPL.
Expert Betting Tips
Southampton will try to take revenge for the last home defeat against Wolverhampton in the upcoming match. This season, the Wolves have not yet shown a good game and are performing below their potential. At the St. Mary's Stadium, we should expect a hard-fought battle between the clubs. In 6 of the last 8 matches, Southampton and Wolverhampton have jointly received at least four yellow cards. I believe that the teams will extend this streak in the next game. I also suggest you consider Total Under (2.5) and a Draw.
- Yellow Cards Total Over (3.5) for 1.82;
- Total Under (2.5) for 1.77;
- Draw for 3.20.