World Cup. Qualification. Europe
Group Stage. Round 7. Group F
Stadium: Torsvollur (Torshavn)
The Faroe Islands team will take on Austria in round 7 of the 2022 World Cup qualification. Will the guests be able to return to the winning way?
The Faroe Islands form
In September, the Faroe Islands played three matches in the 2022 World Cup qualification, all of them at home. First, there were defeats from Israel (0-4) and Denmark (0-1). The third game saw the Faroe Islands defeat Moldova 2-1. This is the first victory for the team in the current campaign. Currently, the team has 4 points and is 5th in the Group F table.
The Austria national team played their first match in September successfully. In round 4 of the World Cup qualification, the Austrians scored two unanswered goals against Moldova. This game was followed by an away loss to Israel, a smashing defeat with a score of 2-5. In round 6, the national team of Austria was defeated by Scotland 0-1. Austria takes 4th place in the Group F standings with seven points.
Austria defeated the Faroe Islands 3-1 in the first round of the current qualification. The national teams have played each other 7 times in all competitions, with Austria winning 5 of them and the Faroe Islands victorious once.
- Austria scored at least 3 goals in the last 4 matches against the Faroe Islands in all tournaments;
- Austria won the 1st half and the match in the last 4 encounters with the Faroe Islands in all tournaments;
- 5 of the last 7 matches the Faroe Islands played in all tournaments saw a total over 2.5 goals scored;
- The Faroe Islands were first to concede in 5 of the last 6 matches.
Expert Betting Tips
The favorite of the upcoming match is the Austrian team. They are already 4th in their group because of their poor showing in September. Austria was defeated by their direct rivals for second place, Israel and Scotland. Naturally, the visitors will try to get back on the winning track and narrow the lead of the opponents in round 7. The home team will definitely have a very tough match. As the main bet, I suggest taking handicap of the guests. You can also consider Austria’s total.
- Handicap Austria (-1.5) for 1.80;
- Individual Total 2 Over (2.5) for 2.09.