Round 5 wasn't what these two teams had hoped it would be, as FC Dallas lost to Los Angeles FC, while Portland Timbers played a goalless draw with LA Galaxy. In this match FC Dallas welcomes Portland Timbers to the Toyota Stadium for round 6.
Both teams will be hoping to grab all 3 points and improve their position on the table.Grab Your Signup Bonus!
FC Dallas (LWDWL)
FC Dallas will want to put the poor result of their last game against Los Angeles FC behind them as they face Portland Timbers in this match. That defeat was their 2 defeats of the season, after they lost in the first match of the season against Minnesota United at home. The other 3 matches ended in 2 wins and 1 draw. Against Los Angeles, Dallas were behind based on statistics, as they managed 42% possession, 3 shots on target and 0 corner kicks. Timothy Tillman opened the scoring for Los Angeles in the opening 3 minutes and things got worse for Dallas, after Ema Twumasi was sent off in the 35th minute for violent conduct. In the 73rd minute Nkosi Tafari levelled for FC Dallas, but that didn’t stop the hosts from reclaiming the lead through Denis Bouanga in the 84th minute.
Team Streak:- without clean sheet (6), both teams scoring (4/5), first to concede (5/6), less than 4.5 cards (8/10), less than 10.5 corners (5/7).
Portland Timbers (DLLLW)
Portland Timbers got the first win of the season against Sporting Kansas City on the opening day, but since then they have struggled to replicate it in the four matches after that. They lost 3 games in a row and played a draw against LA Galaxy in their last match. So in all 5 matches, their record is 1 win, 1 draw and 3 losses.
Against LA Galaxy, Portland Timbers had the better part of the possession, taking up 67% possession, 4 shots on target and 5 corner kicks. But they could not get the reward after a dominant performance.
Team Streaks:- no wins (4), more than 4.5 cards (4/5).
Head to Head
FC Dallas and Portland Timbers have played each other 20 times before this match. FC Dallas had 9 wins, while Portland Timbers had 6 wins and 5 matches ended in a draw.
- FC Dallas are without a clean sheet in 6 meetings.
- Both teams scored in 4/5 meetings.
- Less than 4.5 cards were shown in 6/7 meetings.
- Less than 10.5 corners were played in 7/9 meetings.
- FC Dallas (4-3-3): Maarten Paes, Marco Farfan, Jose Antonio Martinez, Matt Hedges, Ema Twumasi, Sebastian Lletget, Edwin Cerillo, Brandon Servania, Alan Velasco, Jesus Ferreira, Paul Arriola.
- Portland Timbers (4-3-3): David Bingham, Pablo Bonilla, Dario Zuparic, Zac McGraw, Claudio Bravo, Santiago Moreno, Diego Chara, Eryk Williamson, Marvin Loria, Nathan Fogaca, Diego Gutierrez.
Expert Betting Tips
Neither of these teams can be trusted really. They are both in very bad form and they are fighting to find their feet. But it is understandable that the bookmakers are inclined to favour Dallas more than the visitors. But we will stick to the goals market on this one, because an outright win for either side is just a big risk.
- Bet on Under 3.5 Goals at 1.63 Odds
- Bet on 1st Half Under 1.5 Goals at 1.60 Odds
- Bet on Correct Score 0-0 at 5.8 Odds