San Jose, USA
San Jose Earthquakes and Sporting Kansas face each other in the round 8 of the MLS campaign. Both teams have not been at their very best this season, especially Sporting Kansas City. The hosts have 3 wins, 2 draws and 2 losses in all 7 matches played already this season, while Sporting Kansas City have 3 draws and 4 losses in all 7 matches played. Both teams are also at different ends of the western conference table, as San Jose Earthquakes are 6th, while Sporting Kansas City are 14th on the western conference table.Grab Your Signup Bonus
San Jose Earthquakes (DWDLW)
San Jose Earthquakes have not had the brightest start to the season as they have won 3, lost 2 and played a draw in 1 match in all 7 matches played. They have 11 points altogether and their goal tally is 7, and they have conceded 8 in the process.
In their last 5 matches played, they had 2 wins, 2 draws and 1 defeat. In their latest match, they held New York Red Bulls to a 1-1 draw away from home. Cristian Espinoza was first to score for the Earthquakes in the 80th minute and in the 95th minute, Tom Barlow brought New York Red Bulls level. San Jose had 49% possession, 3 shots on target and 4 corner kicks in that match according to statistics.
Team streak: no losses (3), less than 10.5 corners (4/5).
Sporting Kansas City (LDLLD)
Sporting Kansas City are one of the poorest teams in the league so far. After 7 matches played, Sporting Kansas has 0 wins, 4 defeats and 3 draws. Their goal tally is 2 and they have conceded 8 in that time. They are currently at the bottom of the western conference with 3 points overall.
In their last 5 matches, they recorded 3 defeats and 2 draws. Their latest match ended in a 1-0 defeat against Colorado Rapids on their home ground. The only goal was scored in the 68th minute by Diego Rubio to put Colorado Rapids ahead. According to statistics, Sporting Kansas City had 80% possession, 2 shots on target and 8 corner kicks played.
Team streak: no wins (7), less than 2.5 goals (5/7), less than 4.5 cards (8/10), less than 10.5 corners (4/5).
Head to Head
San Jose Earthquakes and Sporting Kansas City have faced each other 20 times before this match. Sporting Kansas have 11 wins, while San Jose Earthquakes have 6 wins and 3 matches ended in a draw.
- Sporting Kansas have not lost in the last 6 meetings.
- San Jose Earthquakes are without a clean sheet in 10 meetings.
- Both teams scored in 9/10 meetings.
- There were less than 10.5 corners in 6/7 meetings.
- San Jose Earthquakes (4-3-3): James Marcinkowski, Paul Marie, Rodrigues, Jonathan Mensah, Carlos Akapo, Jamiro Montiero, Judson, Jackson Yueill, Jeremy Ebobisse, Cade Cowell, Cristian Espinoza.
- Sporting Kansas City (4-3-3): Timothy Melia, Graham Zusi, Daniel Rosero Valencia, Robert Castellanos, Robrt Voloder, Felipe Hernandez, Remi Walter, Erik Thommy, Johnny Russell, Alan Pulido, Daniel Salloi.
Expert Betting Tips
The home side are in better form at the moment and the visitors are absolutely poor. So there is only one way this could go. San Jose Earthquakes should put up a great display and grab an important win here.
- Bet on Home Win or Draw and Under 4.5 Goals at 1.62 Odds
- Bet on Under 3.5 Goals at 1.60 Odds
- Bet on Correct Score 1-0 at 7.9 Odds