Vancouver and Portland will bring the round 7 to a close as they face each other in the BC Place. Vancouver Whitecaps will have to pick themselves up just in time for this match after suffering a 3-0 defeat against LA Galaxy in the CONCACAF Champions League knockout stage. This came after their 5-0 triumph against CF Montreal in the MLS. Portland Timbers on the other hand have not won a game in their last 5 outings, during that time they suffered 3 losses and 1 draw. Clearly these two teams need to grab a win to get back their confidence. But who will it be?Grab Your Signup Bonus
Vancouver Whitecaps (LWDDL)
Vancouver Whitecaps were hoping to replicate their fantastic form in their 5-0 victory against CF Montreal in the major league soccer. Unfortunately, they were beaten 3-0 by Los Angeles in the CONCACAF Champions League and now they are on the brink of elimination unless they can produce 4 goals in the return leg. Vancouver Whitecaps have recorded 2 losses, 1 win and 2 draws in their last 5 matches in all competitions. And in the MLS, their stats are 1 loss, 3 draws and 1 win.
Against Los Angeles FC, they managed only 44% possession, with 2 shots on target and 4 corner kicks. Despite a strong first half display, Vancouver fell to 3 goals in the second half. Vancouver Whitecaps are currently in 9th place on the western conference table, with 6 points from 6 matches. They recorded 1 win, 3 draws and 2 losses, and a goal ratio of 10:7.
Team Streak: more than 4.5 cards (4/5).
Portland Timbers (DDLLL)
Portland Timbers have been in a disastrous form since their opening day victory against Sporting Kansas City. They fell to 3 straight defeats after that win and then played 2 draws in their last 2 games. In their last 5 matches, their stats were 3 losses and 2 draws. They recently played a 1-1 draw with FC Dallas courtesy of a late equaliser from Franck Boli to cancel out Facundo Quingnon’s opener that put FC Dallas ahead earlier. Portland Timbers were behind based on statistics, as they managed 41% possession, 2 shots on target and 2 corner kicks at the end of 90 minutes.
Portland Timbers are currently 10th on the western conference table, with 5 points from 6 matches played. They have 1 win, 2 draws and 3 losses, and a goal ratio of 6:11.
Team Streaks: no wins (5), both teams scoring (4/5).
Head to Head
Portland Timbers and Vancouver Whitecaps have played 20 matches against each other. Portland Timbers have 11 wins, while Vancouver Whitecaps have 8 wins, and 1 match ended in a draw.
- Vancouver Whitecaps are without a clean sheet in the last 4 meetings
- Portland Timbers are without a clean sheet in the last 3 meetings
- Less than 2.5 goals were scored in 5/7 meetings
- Portland Timbers were first to score in 7/9 meetings
- There were less than less than 4.5 cards in 5/6 meetings
- There were less than 10.5 corners in 6/7 meetings
- Vancouver Whitecaps (4-2-3-1): Yohei Takaoka, Javain Brown, Ranko Veselinovic, Tristan Blackmon, Luis Martins, Julian Gressel, Andres Cubas, Ali Ahmed, Pedro Vite, Brian White, Simon Becher.
- Portland Timbers (4-3-3): Aljaz Ivacic, Claudio Bravo, Zac McGraw, Dario Zuparic, Eric Miller, Santiago Moreno, Diego Chara, Eryk Williamson, Diego Gutierrez, Nathan Fogaca, Juan Mosquera.
Expert Betting Tips
Vancouver will be desperate to get back to winning ways after the latest defeat they suffered. But I don't think that's going to be so easy because they have not been in the best form since the beginning of the season and beating CF Montreal 5-0 does not change that. Portland Timbers on the other hand, are playing a very conservative style and they are very careful not to give out scoring opportunities to the opposition. So I see a very tight game between these two with a limited amount of goals at the end of 90 minutes.
- Bet on Under 3.5 Goals at 1.60 Odds
- Bet on HT Under 1.5 Goals at 1.62 Odds
- Bet on Correct Score 1-1 at 8.9 Odds