Cronulla Sharks vs. Newcastle Knights
Shark Park (Sydney)
The Sharks were outstanding last week and should be looking forward to returning home. This is expected to be a competitive game, with the Sharks favored to win by 1-12 points. Can the Knights stop the Sharks in Sydney?Get Your Welcome Bonus!
Cronulla Sharks – Getting Another Win Under Their Name
Cronulla lost 24-19 to Canberra in Round 1 after leading 19-18 in the 72nd minute.
Craig Fitzgibbon's team rebounded with two victories, the first of which came against Parramatta at Pointsbet Stadium when Teig Wilton scored in the 79th minute and Nicholas Hynes converted.
Last week, the Sharks defeated the Dragons by a score of 36-12. They led 18-0 at halftime and finished the job in Wollongong with tries from Sione Katoa, Matt Ikuvalu, Siosifa Talakai, Jesse Ramien, Brad Hamlin-Uele, and Nicholas Hynes.
- Matt Ikuvalu (ankle) and Connor Tracey (HIA/groin) are also out.
- Ronaldo Mulitalo (HIA) returns to the wing, while Siosifa Talakai goes to the centers.
- Teig Wilton (suspension) is back in the starting lineup.
Newcastle Knights – Not In Their Best Form
Newcastle stunned the Roosters 20-6 in Round 1 at the Sydney Cricket Ground.
At McDonald Jones Stadium, Adam O'Brien's team defeated West Tigers 26-4. After leading 12-0 in the ninth minute, they completed 88 percent (39/44) of their sets, and the victory was never in doubt.
In Round 3, the Knights were defeated 38-20 by the Penrith Panthers. They competed hard in Bathurst but were unable to defeat the NRL's finest squad.
- Mitch Barnett was given a six-game suspension for an elbow on Chris Smith, and Brodie Jones took his position in the second row.
- After missing two games due to a knee injury, Kalyn Ponga has been picked at fullback.
- Sauaso Sue has been named to the bench after returning from off-season shoulder surgery in the NSW Cup.
Expert Betting Tips
The Sharks and Knights are off to fast beginnings this season. Cronulla is expected to win by 1-12 points in this NRL encounter.
- Total Over 36.5 for 1.83;
- HT-FT W Cronulla Sharks W Cronulla Sharks for 1.83;
- Cronulla Sharks - Make the first goal and win for 1.83.
TelecomAsia Sport is looking for South American football tipsters (Argentinian and Brazilian national leagues, Copa Libertadores). Contact [email protected] for more information.