Senegal vs Netherlands Prediction | 19/11/2022
- Football: World Cup 2022 . Group A
- Stadium: Al Thumama Stadium
- Time: 21-11-2022 19:00
And finally, the World Cup debuts the long-awaited performance of the first team from Africa, Senegal. Pitched against the Netherlands who is ranked 8th globally, the Lions of Teranga ranked 18th in the world, would seek opportunities to pounce on the Dutch Eleven, who bring the confidence of an excellent run to Al Thumama, Qatar. Being this first-ever brawl between the sides, we look forward to an absorbing, and thought-provoking performance from both teams, primarily Senegal who plays with the unavoidable absence of star man, Sadio Mané.
Senegal (Lions of Teranga)
With positivity stemming from the just-concluded Friendlies in which Iran (1-1) and Bolivia (2-0) were in contention, the Senegalese squad would draw some inspiration from how far they have come. Head Coach Aliou Cisse would be sure to encourage his pride of lions to put their best foot forward while identifying individual weaknesses and collective strengths.
With Sadio Mané missing the competition due to an injury, the team suffers no other fitness and health concerns. Manning the goalposts would be Chelsea's top choice, Eduardo Mendy, who brings confidence to the squad's defensive setup. In the frontline would be Ismaila Sarr and Boulaye Dia ready to seize as many chances as possible.
Form: D - W - W - W - L
Coach: Aliou CisséBet on Under 10 corners at 1.69 odds from bet365
Netherlands (The Dutch Eleven)
The star-studded Netherland squadron would launch their world cup campaign off an eight-game unbeaten streak since March 2022. Struggling to remember the last time they lost a competitive game, Louis Van Gaal's team is undoubtedly the group's favorites to make it into the next stage unscathed.
The tactical balance exhibits strength (Virgil Van Djik), Creative Playmaking (Davy Klassen) Box to Box runners (Stefan de Vrij), and Youth (Xavi Simons). Starlet Cody Gakpo would debut in his first World Cup as he rakes in mayhem from the left wing.
Form: D - D - L - W
Coach: Louis Van Gaal
How to watch Senegal vs Netherlands
You can watch this fixture live on SuperSport 204, ESPN+ or follow the live commentary and match analysis on 1xbet!
Expert Betting Tips
- Bet on Over 2.5 Match Goals at 2.10 odds from 1xbet
- Bet on Under 10 corners at 1.69 odds from bet365
- Bet on the Netherlands over 1.5 goals at 1.85 odds from Coinplay
- The Netherlands would start attacking from the first minute and we see the game played more from the flanks, where their game is strongest. We predict more than two goals in this fixture.
- The disparity in gameplay between the two teams would put more pressure on the second half than the first, hence we see a lot of corners, but not up to ten.
- The Netherlands are on top of their game and we see the team scoring two goals in this match due to the excellent technicality of the team.
We need your feedback! If you enjoy our free betting tips and content, we invite you to write a review on Trustpilot. Find the icon in the footer of the site.