(Report via NewsEdge) While Western Europe and North America continue to lead the digital satellite pay-TV market in subscribers and revenue, the fastest growth over the next several years will come from other areas, especially Asia, according to In-Stat. Key satellite market trends include consolidation in established markets, interactivity, HD, launches, and bundling, the market research firm says.
"Most DTH platform launches in 2006 occurred in the less-mature markets, including India and Eastern Europe," says Michael Inouye, In-Stat analyst. "As DTH pay-TV platforms in many American and European countries have been in operation for a number of years, their
subscriber growth has slowed. Total net new subscribers are growing each year, but only by single-digit percentages."
Recent In-Stat research also found that total DTH pay-TV subscribers are expected to reach more than 117 million in 2010 and that global DTH-TV revenues will exceed $88 billion by 2010.
Â© 2007 Dialog, a Thomson business. All rights reserved.
- Motive Big Network Analytics - Infographic
- MBB viewpoint: The market situation, key challenges and strategies
- FiberHome products are serving more than 20 million subscribers in Asia Pacific with its FTTH integrated solution.
- At a glance: Global SaaS market and Huawei's CSB Cloud Marketplace
- Taming the Big Data beast