Emerging Markets Communications (EMC) has been awarded a contract to provide satellite communications to and integrate United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) offices worldwide.
Under the contract, EMC will be responsible for connecting 56 UNHCR offices in 23 countries to the UNHCR headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland, as well as for the integration of business applications, voice, data, Internet and Intranet across the entire network.
After an 8 month bidding process, EMC was selected as the UNHCR's provider of fixed satellite telecom services worldwide, providing the organization with an end-to-end satellite communications solution, including licensing, logistics, installations, trainings for UNHCR personnel, and maintenance.
EMC will provide the service through its wholly-owned teleport in Raisting, Germany, and its regional support centers in Africa, Asia, the Middle East, Europe and the Americas.
- ZTE and Sany deepen 5G cooperation to promote the digital transformation of intelligent manufacturing
- ZTE and China Mobile launch a marine broadband satellite solution creating a new era of marine communication
- ZTE common core enables intelligent and simple 5G construction
- ZTE & China Mobile's joint-effort in realizing industry's 1st typical-service-based NB-IoT massive-capacity evaluation with NMVP
- Huawei introduces autonomous driving core network