The Chinese government will announce pilots of its cable-telecom integration scheme today, CCID reported. Trials are expected to take place in as many as 14 cities.
Ecommerce firm Alibaba.comwill buy US-based Vendio, which helps small businesses sell products across multiple websites.
Twitter has settled a case with the US FTC over the hacking into users’ private accounts, promising to provide an independently-audited security system.
MTNL boss Kuldeep Singh told Business Standard that operators’ without 3G spectrum can now bid to roam onto its network in Delhi and Mumbai.
Verizon has completed a field trial carrying 100Gbps Ethernet traffic over 13km of field fiber in Dallas, using equipment from Alcatel-Lucent.
The mobile entertainment market will grow 23% to $36b in 2010, the Mobile Entertainment Forum predicts.
BSNLhas paid its 2.3GHz spectrum bill of $1.8b to the government, two days past the deadline, said the Economic Times.
- FASTTAKES: ZTE, MTNL, Willcom, Banglalink, CSL, BSNL
- Webwire: Yahoo may cut thousands of jobs; App Store downloads hit 25b
- Webwire: Sprint abandons Carrier IQ; Huawei, ZTE eye $200m India revenue
- Webwire: ZTE countersues Huawei, Nortel patent auction cleared
- Webwire: HTC worth more than Nokia; Essar wants $700m extra from Vod