Apple’s iPad will fuel a 181% surge in media tablet sales to 208 million units over the next four years, Gartner predicts.
HP has tapped Ari Jaaksi, who previously ran Nokia’s Meego software development, as a senior vice president of its new mobile operating system webOS, Reuters reports.
Texas Instruments (TI) has begun manufacturing chips at a new plant in Chengdu – its first in China.
Skype has struck a deal with KDDI to run its VoIP client on the Japanese cellco’s au platform – its first deal with an Asian mobile operator. KDDI will offer Skype from some Android smartphones in November, adding to other phones, including BREW devices, in 2011.
Bevan Slattery has resigned as CEO of Australian backhaul operator PIPE Networks – which was recently acquired by TPGTelecom – to head up new data center NEXTDC.
New Zealand mobile operator 2degrees on Saturday launched its first two retail stores.
Australian regulator ACMA has called five public hearings as part of its inquiry into telco customer service and complaints handling.
- Webwire: India can't reopen Vodafone tax case; France leans on Google
- Webwire: Apple sued over iPad name; Ministers meet over India 2G case
- Webwire: Indian majors defend roam deals; Sony forecasts FY loss
- Webwire: KDDI Q3 net grows 4.8%; AIS 3G roaming from this month
- Webwire: China accused of economic espionage; NEC may build gear in India LG plans smart TV SDK; Yahoo