Huawei has signed a deal with Bell Canada to build a joint innovation center in Canada that will develop broadband, wireless and networking technologies.
SK Telecom has opened a cloud computing data center in Seoul.
India's Ministry of Home Affairs has clearedEtisalat DB (formerly Swan Telecom) of allegations of being originally set up to serve as a front company for Reliance Communications (RCom).
One embattled independent Vodafone Australia dealer has signed up to a class action lawsuit against the carrier, claiming his business has suffered as a result of the telco’s persistent network outages, the Sydney Morning Herald reports.
ZTE has promoted Cui Liangjun from CTO to chief executive at its Indian subsidiary. Current chief Huang Dabin will move to ZTE’s headquarters in China.
The UK’s high commissioner to India claims Vodafone is not liable to pay tax on its acquisition of Hutchison Essar because it made no capital gains from the deal, the Economic Times reports.
- Webwire: Taobao in monopoly probe; Huawei mulls cloud deals
- The WRAP: EC overhauls laws; TM Forum updates standards
- THE WRAP: EC gets tough on telcos; Telecom NZ's record fine
- Webwire: iPad 3 may launch in Mar; Bharti shares fall on profit drop
- Webwire: Sprint abandons Carrier IQ; Huawei, ZTE eye $200m India revenue