Through the communication development, the optical transmission network has formed the infrastructure for the information superhighway, with its outstanding QoS and OAM features such as scalability and reliability. However, the existing transmission network has emerged that multiple equipment types (such as SDH, MSTP, WDM, PTN and OTN) and various electrical switching architectures (such as VC cross-connect, packet-switching and ODUk cross-connect) can cause such problems as: high cost of network construction, operation and maintenance, and management difficulties. Thus, it is hard to suit to the needs of operators.
As the IP service and the convergence of the telecommunication network and IP network is boosting significantly, the networking has a major trend of combining the transmission network and IP network, so as to solve the intrinsic defects router on service bearer and achieve the efficient, reliable and low-cost carry mode for IP services.
Additionally, P-OTS equipment supports VC4/Packet/ODUk switching in the same mode to avoid high cost of network construction, operation and maintenance, and the emergence of excessive technology architectures and equipment types in the existing transmission network. Furthermore, it also has the flexible service processing capability for PTN/MSTP/SDH small particle services, the OTN huge transmission capacity, as well as high perception on IP services, in order to transmit IP services economically and efficiently, meeting the demands of increasing new services for operators.
Architecture of P-OTS equipment
Figure 1 Block Diagram of P-OTS Equipment
Figure 1 shows the architecture of the P-OTS equipment’s transport plane. the P-OTS equipment has both the packet processing capability and the TDM processing capability, intending to adopt different card combinations to gain multiple equipment types for various services. Apart from the full-featured applications, the P-OTS equipment also can be configured as the following types of equipments:
- The WDM equipment with multiple service interfaces
- The PXC (Photon Cross-connect) equipment
- The OTN equipment / the OTN equipment with Layer-2 switching function (P-OTS)
- The PTN equipment / the PTN equipment that can be upgraded to the wavelength system (O-PTN)
- The SDH equipment / the SDH equipment that can be upgraded to the wavelength system
- The MSTP equipment / the MSTP+ equipment with the packet-switching and VC switching functions
Therefore, with different card combinations, the P-OTS equipment can converge the equipments of OTN, PTN and SDH. Moreover, it also can be configured as one of them independently, providing the unified solution for the equipments from the network edge to the core.
In addition to the transport plane, the P-OTS equipment also has the powerful management plane and the intelligent control plane to operate, maintain and manage the complex network, realize the bandwidth dynamic switching allocation, and implement the network automatic construction and routing configuration. And for the popular application of the mesh networking mode, the P-OTS has the network planning system to guide the layout, implementation, OAM, simulation, and optimization of network. These four parts (transport plane, management plane, control plane and network planning system) build the whole transport platform of the P-OTS equipment, as shown in Figure 2.
Figure 2 Architecture of P-OTS System
- ZTE and Sany deepen 5G cooperation to promote the digital transformation of intelligent manufacturing
- ZTE and China Mobile launch a marine broadband satellite solution creating a new era of marine communication
- ZTE common core enables intelligent and simple 5G construction
- ZTE & China Mobile's joint-effort in realizing industry's 1st typical-service-based NB-IoT massive-capacity evaluation with NMVP
- Huawei introduces autonomous driving core network