(Satellite Today via NewsEdge) OmniGlobe Networks has formed a partnership with Naskapi Imuun to provide a satellite-cellular communications service to First Nation communities across Canada.
The service, which will be available in September, will be based on OmniGlobe's satellite-cellular technology platform and will create a local wireless network that provides rural subscribers with cellular services. The local network will link via satellite to global cellular and telephone networks.
The agreement includes a revenue-sharing business model with First Nation communities, which will operate their own local cellular network.
Â© 2007 Dialog, a Thomson business. All rights reserved.
- Motive Big Network Analytics - Infographic
- MBB viewpoint: The market situation, key challenges and strategies
- FiberHome products are serving more than 20 million subscribers in Asia Pacific with its FTTH integrated solution.
- At a glance: Global SaaS market and Huawei's CSB Cloud Marketplace
- Taming the Big Data beast