Spreadtrum Communications has launched a 1GHz Android smartphone platform for TD-SCDMA (SC8810) and EDGE/Wi-Fi (SC6820).
With these two new solutions, Spreadtrum promises to enable OEMs to deliver 1GHz performance at $100 retail prices.
CEO Leo Li said the graphics and web browsing performance of the SC8810 and SC6820 “compares favorably to one of the most popular smartphone models globally,” delivering an experience that has previously been available only in mid- to high-end handset models.
Spreadtrum said the platform’s Cortex A5 processor architecture delivers more than 40% lower power consumption compared to ARM11-based products and more than 70% lower power consumption than Cortex A9 products
- NSA backdoors and the Android BitCoin case
- Webwire: Google rebrands Market; LulzSec leader turned informant
- Mobile web will create new digital divide: Google
- Webwire: Vodafone fights new India tax claim; Google cuts its losses on Clearwire
- Webwire: India telcos want two-stage 2G auction; LightSquared investors sue