(Report via NewsEdge) TerreStar Networks recently filed a request with the FCC to extend the satellite launch milestone date outlined in its authorization for the launch of its TerreStar-1 satellite.
TerreStar filed the extension to accommodate manufacture and delivery issues experienced by its satellite manufacturer Space Systems/Loral.
TerreStar requested that the launch of its satellite be extended until September 2008 from the current milestone date of November 2007.
The company expects to meet its in-service milestone of November 2008 and bring online North America's first 4G integrated mobile satellite and terrestrial communications network.
Â© 2007 Dialog, a Thomson business. All rights reserved.
- ZTE and Sany deepen 5G cooperation to promote the digital transformation of intelligent manufacturing
- ZTE and China Mobile launch a marine broadband satellite solution creating a new era of marine communication
- ZTE common core enables intelligent and simple 5G construction
- ZTE & China Mobile's joint-effort in realizing industry's 1st typical-service-based NB-IoT massive-capacity evaluation with NMVP
- Huawei introduces autonomous driving core network