Infologix will integrate AirMagnet's wireless LAN and RFID technologies into its network solutions designed for healthcare customers.
The two companies demonstrated their combined solutions at the HIMMS Conference held in Orlando, Florida.
Modern healthcare facilities present some of the most challenging and complex environments for deploying wireless networks, according to Infologix.
"Not only are there densely packed technology and X-ray facilities that can cause performance and interference problems, but also a variety of security issues that need to be handled according to federal standards,' said Jason Fradin, vice president of marketing at InfoLogix.
Using AirMagnet's wireless LAN management software, AirMagnet Enterprise, allows end-users to monitor security and performance from a central console, Fradin said.
AirMagnet Enterprise allows healthcare organizations to proactively mitigate all types of wireless threats, enforce enterprise policies, prevent performance problems and audit regulatory compliance by users, according to Infologix.
The solution also offers built-in policy management and reporting tools for Healthcare Information Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards.
- Motive Big Network Analytics - Infographic
- MBB viewpoint: The market situation, key challenges and strategies
- FiberHome products are serving more than 20 million subscribers in Asia Pacific with its FTTH integrated solution.
- At a glance: Global SaaS market and Huawei's CSB Cloud Marketplace
- Taming the Big Data beast