Egypt will welcome Senegal in the first leg of the World Cup 2022 play-off, from 20.30 CET, at Cairo International Stadium. The Pharaohs will seek revenge after the defeat in the Africa Cup of Nations final.
The second leg will take place on March 29, in Senegal.Bet on Egypt - Senegal with 1xBet
Best bets on Egypt vs Senegal
1xBet offers 2.65 for Egypt to win the first leg, while Senegal has 2.97 odds to win in Cairo. A draw in the first game will cost 2.88.
Bet365 offers 3.03 for Total Over 3 and 1.36 for Total Under 3. Nine of the last 10 games between Egypt and Senegal ended with under three goals scored.
Also, experts from Betway offer 2.40 for "both teams to score - yes" and 1.52 for "both teams to score - no".
Where to Watch Egypt vs Senegal
The game Egypt vs Senegal will be televised on ESPN+. The broadcast from Cairo begins at 20.25 CET, five minutes before the start of the match.Bet on Egypt - Senegal with 1xBet
Egypt have lost a single game at home since July 2019. They won eight times in this period and one match ended in a draw.
Also, Egypt beat Senegal last time they faced each other in Cairo. The Pharaohs will try to bounce back after the defeat in the final of Africa Cup of Nations.
Carlos Queiroz's side have played three times at the World Cup, last time in 2018, in Russia.
Liverpool's stars Mohamed Salah and Sadio Mane will be opponents again.
- Goalkeepers: Mohamed El-Shennawy (Al Ahly), Mohamed Abou-Gabal (Zamalek), Mohamed Sobhi (Pharco FC);
- Defenders: Yasser Ibrahim, Mohamed Abdelmomen, Ayman Ashraf (Al Ahly), Omar Kamal (Future FC), Omar Gaber (Pyramids FC), Mahmoud Hamdy El-Wensh, Mahmoud Alaa, Ahmed Fatouh (Zamalek);
- Midfielders: Hamdi Fathi, Amr El-Sulya, Mohamed Magdy Afsha (Al Ahly), Mohamed Elneny (Arsenal), Nabil Emad Dunga (Pyramids FC), Emam Ashour (Zamalek);
- Forwards: Mohamed Salah (Liverpool), Omar Marmoush (VfB Stuttgart), Mahmoud Hassan Trezeguet (İstanbul Başakşehir), Mostafa Mohamed (Galatasaray), Marwan Hamdi (Smouha), Ahmed Sayed Zizo (Zamalek);
Senegal are unbeaten in the last seven games and now will try to secure their tickets for the World Cup.
Lions of Teranga never won an official game in Cairo.
Aliou Cisse's side played a single time at the World Cup. It was in 2002, in South Korea and Japan. Senegal had an amazing run and they have been eliminated by Turkey in the quarter-finals. Turkey finished the tournament on the third place. Aliou Cisse was the captain for Senegal at that time.
- Goalkeepers: Edouard Mendy (Chelsea), Alioune Badara Faty (Casa Sports), and Bingourou Kamara (Charleroi);
- Defenders: Bouna Sarr (Bayern Munich), Saliou Ciss (Nancy), Kalidou Koulibaly (Napoli), Pape Abou Cisse (Olympiacos), Abdou Diallo (Paris Saint-Germain), Youssouf Sabaly (Real Betis) and Fode Ballo Toure (AC Milan);
- Midfielders: Pape Matar Sarr (Metz), Pape Gueye (Olympique de Marseille), Nampalys Mendy (Leicester City), Idrissa Gana Gueye (Paris Saint-Germain), Moustapha Name (Paris FC), Loum Ndiaye (Deportivo Alavés) and Cheikhou Kouyate (Crystal Palace);
- Forwards: Sadio Mane (Liverpool), Ismaila Sarr (Watford), Bamba Dieng (Marseille), Keita Balde (Cagliari), Boulaye Dia (Villarreal), Famara Diedhiou (Alanyaspor), and Mame Baba Thiam (Kayserispor);
Egypt vs Senegal: possible lineups
- Egypt (4-3-3): Abou Gabal - Kamal, Hamdy, Abdelmonem, Fattoh - Elneny, Fahti, El-Sulya - Salah, Marmoush, Mohamed;
- Senegal (4-3-3): Mendy - Sarr, Koulibaly, A. Diallo, Cisse - P. Gueye, N. Mendy, I. Gueye - Dia, Diedhiou, Mane;