Stadium: Gwangju Football Stadium
Time: 02.12.2023. 08:00
Gwangju FC face the Steelers in what should be their toughest PlayOff fixture. Pohang Steelers took a big win in the AFC Champions League fixture against Hanoi FC while Gwangju suffered a defeat against Jeonbuk Hyundai. The two sides resorted to a 1-1 stalemate despite two wins for Pohang Steelers, two stalemates and one win for Gwangju FC in the last five meetings between the sides. Pohang is expected to steal the lead at fulltime. However, Gwangju has held their end of the bargain, and would pose unpleasant surprises at full-timeReceive Your Registration Bonus!
Gwangju FC (3rd)
Recent PlayOffs Form: L-D-L-W
After analyzing Gwangju FC's recent performances in the playoffs, it can be inferred that they have had two losses, one win and one stalemate. Although their final game is against the strong Steelers, Gwangju FC has proved to be a competitive team and is receiving slightly unfavorable odds. Despite their recent low-scoring performances, Gwangju FC held the Steelers to a stalemate in their last direct fixture, indicating their ability to compete at a high level. It should be noted that they previously won against Pohang 4-2. However, Pohang boasts one of the most compact defense lines in the league, and this trend is expected to continue in their upcoming fixture.
Pohang Steelers (2nd)
Recent Form: W-L-D-D
The Steelers are undoubtedly one of the strongest teams in the league, as evidenced by their recent track record. Their last five games across all competitions have resulted in three wins and two draws, showcasing their exceptional talent on the pitch. In the finals of the FA Cup fixture against Jeonbuk, they demonstrated their dominance by scoring an impressive four goals and securing their victory. Furthermore, they showed their resilience and determination in the game against the Japanese side, Urawa Red Diamonds, where they came from behind to equalize with a 66' penalty before sealing their victory with Kim In Sung's 90' home run. Their confidence was further bolstered by their recent win against Daegu FC and their impressive showing against the Indonesian side, Hanoi Telecoms, in the AFC fixture.
H2H ANALYSIS (LAST FIVE MEETINGS)
- Gwangju FC has scored in four direct games against Pohang Steelers.
- Only One game has ended in stalemates between the sides.
- Four of Five games between the sides resulted in a BTTS for both sides.
- Pohang Steelers have scored in all contests against Gwangju FC.
Gwangju vs Pohang Steelers
Expert Betting Tips
Consider the following tips ahead of this fixture:
- The guests need to bridge the wide gap between themselves and the hosts having few goals between them. Bet on a Pohang Win Or a Draw at 1.66 odds from Bet365;
- A BTTS - Yes will also be an interesting alternative for 1.65 odds (Betway);
- Although it looks like both sides have relatively equal chances of domination, the Pohang Steelers have an overwhelming preference, with few goals - regardless of Gwangju’s home advantage. In light of this, we are tipping Under 2.5 Match Goals at 1.95 odds (1xbet)