Real Sociedad vs Villarreal
The next opponent of Real Sociedad will be Villarreal. Bookmakers count on the side of the would-be home team, while noting that the Basques have considerable personnel problems, and the current form of the Villarreal players can hardly be called weak.
Before the start of the eighth round Real Sociedad is in the seventh position with an asset of 13 points and two points behind Betis, that is in the top four. It should be noted that Real Sociedad has a four-match winning streak, stretched over the two tournaments: Europa League and La Liga. The Basque's home statistics are 12th in the division, +1=1-1, 4:6 goal difference is mediocre, to put it mildly.
Villarreal also has a 4-match streak, but it's a non-losing one and it's also in two tournaments, La Liga and the Conference League. Moreover, last midweek the Yellow Submarine beat Austria with a score of 5-0, a resounding defeat of a pretty strong Austrian team. Villarreal is in eighth place in the La Liga standings, one point behind its future opponent Real Sociedad. Villarreal's away statistics are fifth in the division, with eight points after five games played and a goal difference of 5-1. It should be noted that Villarreal lost only one away match, to Betis, a team from the top 4 with a score of 0-1.
Real Sociedad and Villarreal have played each other 47 times: +12=16-19, 47:65 goal difference in favor of Villarreal. Apart from the Primera and Spanish Cup, the opponents also played two friendly matches. In the Primera, there have been 38 games between RS and Villarreal: +9=12-17, 38:57 goal difference in favour of the Castellonians. 23 matches have been played in San Sebastian: +4=9-10, surprisingly, Villarreal has a big advantage. Last season the teams played twice and exchanged guest victories.
Injured and Disqualified
- Real Sociedad: Barrenetxea Muguruza, Gorosabel, Le Normand, Merquelanz, Oyarzabal, Sadiq, Zubeldia and Cho won't play;
- Villarreal: Moreno, Reina, Trigueros and Voigt won't play.
- Real Sociedad: Remiro - Gorozabel, Elustondo, Pacheco, Muñoz - Méndez, Zubimendi, Merino - Silva - Kubo, Sørloth;
- Villarreal: Rulli - Kiko, Albiol, Torres, Pedraza - Parejo, Coquelin, Capoue - Chukwueze, Jackson, Celso.
Interesting facts about the match Real Sociedad vs Villarreal
- Villarreal scored zero in five of the last six away matches in the Spanish championship;
- Villarreal failed to score in their last 3 away matches of the Spanish championship;
- In Villarreal's last four away matches in the Spanish championship a bet on TU (2.5) was a winning one;
- In the last three games of Real Sociedad in the Spanish championship a bet on TO (2.5) was a winning one;
- Villarreal remained undefeated in the last five away matches in all competitions against Real Sociedad.
Expert Betting Tips
In recent years, Villarreal looked quite good in San Sebastian, we believe that this trend will continue and the Yellow Submarine will bring back at least one point from the Basque Country. That said, it should be noted that the teams often exchange goals and play each other to a 1-1 draw.