NTT is targeting an operating profit of more than 5% on offshore revenue of $10b, Bloomberg reports.
Telstra chief David Thodey says the company would consider possible Asian acquisitions or new technologies with its expected A$11b ($10.8b) NBN windfall.
Smartphones and Twitter were named the most popular products in Japan in an annual survey by ad agency Dentsu.
Sony has launched an eBook venture with KDDI and two publishers.
The percentage of broadband lines in Europe capable of at least 10Mbps connections nearly doubled to 29% in July 2010 from 15% in July 2009, according to EC research.
- FASTTAKES: Microsoft, Qualcomm, KDDI, Amazon, SingTel, True
- THE WRAP: Apple loses value on Q3 stumble; Nokia swings to loss
- THE WRAP: SK Telecom buys spectrum, Telstra's new NBN snag
- THE WRAP: Europe's online hours grow; UK users sick of messaging
- Webwire: Telstra signs $11b NBN deal; Huawei to help India on testing lab