SK Telecom operating income fell 16% year-on-year in Q3, largely because of high depreciation costs from expanded network rollout. Revenue increased 4.1% to 3.18 trillion won ($2.8b).
The Philippines' Globe Telecom and NEC have completed an LTE field trial, achieving peak downlink throughput of 60Mbps in the urban areas of Makati and Quezon.
Infrastructure vendor CommScope has agreed, pending approvals, to be acquired and taken private by asset management firm Carlyle for $3.9 billion.
Gemaltohas filed suit in a US District Court against Google, HTC, Motorola and Samsung, alleging unauthorized use of its technology in Android and the Dalvik virtual machine. It says its technologies are fundamental to running software “on a resource constrained device.”
Australian regulator ACMA and the privacy commissioner will jointly investigate a botched mail-out by Telstra, in which 220,000 letters to customers - including their names and phone numbers – were sent to the wrong addresses.
File-sharing service LimeWire has been shut down by order of a US federal court, following a copyright infringement case.
Nokia Siemenswill invest €15m ($20.6m) on a new global network operations center in Sao Paulo, Brazil, its fifth worldwide and its first in the Americas.
The Nobel Peace Prize website has been assailed by Taiwanese hackers, in a trojan horse attack believed to be linked to the awarding of the prize to jailed Chinese dissident Liu Xiaobo.
- Webwire: China accused of economic espionage; NEC may build gear in India LG plans smart TV SDK; Yahoo
- THE WRAP: Telekom Austria examines IPO fraud; KPN cable buy stalled
- FASTTAKES: Dodo, America Movil, Skype, AT&T, Huawei, NEC
- FASTTAKES: Microsoft, Qualcomm, KDDI, Amazon, SingTel, True
- THE WRAP: Ofcom edges towards 4G refarming; Taiwan targets 4G auction in two years