Members of Singapore statutory board A*Star have signed a public-private collaboration agreement with Huawei to co-develop and commercialize advanced communications technologies.
Australian prime minister Julia Gillard has revealed that mandatory internet filtering is still on the agenda. But filter legislation may not reach parliament until mid-2013.
Indonesia's PT Telkom is seeking to borrow up to 7 trillion rupiah ($777 million) from Bank Rakyat Indonesia to help finance its 2011 capex.
India's new telecom minister has denounced the state auditors' claims that the recent 2G allocation scandal could have cost the exchequer up to 1.76 trillion rupees ($38b), claiming that the true cost was zero.
Apple CEO Steve Jobs made another $1 base salary in 2010, having taken only $1 annually since 1997.
- Webwire: Apple worth over $500b; US trade rep slams India policy
- Webwire: BSNL in conspiracy probe; Cable break hits E Africa
- Webwire: India telcos want two-stage 2G auction; LightSquared investors sue
- Webwire: China internet base tops 500m; Huawei invests $150m in India
- Webwire: Apple's Cook paid $376m in stock; Nokia buys another OS