Opera has reported an increase in the number of Opera browsers in the South East Asia in its latest State of Mobile Web report this month.
According to the report, the Top 10 countries using the Opera Mini browser in this region are Indonesia, Vietnam, Philippines, Thailand, Malaysia, Brunei, Singapore, Cambodia, Laos and Myanmar.
From July 2010 to July 2011, page views in the Top 10 countries of Southeast Asia increased by 31%, unique users increased by 54% and data transferred increased by 58%.
The report added that Asia Myanmar and Cambodia lead the top 10 countries of the region in terms of page-view growth (6415% and 470.1%, respectively). Myanmar and Cambodia lead the top 10 countries of the region in growth of unique users (1207.5% and 179.1%, respectively). Myanmar and Cambodia lead the Top 10 countries of the region in growth of data transferred (3826.6% and 353.2%, respectively).
Singapore leads the top 10 countries of the region in page views per user, with each user browsing 1,954 pages on average each month.
Among the countries of Southeast Asia, the most popular sites include Google, Facebook, and YouTube. Twitter and Yahoo are also popular in several of the countries.
- Webwire: Idea, Etisalat on notice; Fujitsu taps Telefonica
- FASTTAKES: Huawei, Hitachi, Opera, BT, NSN, Convergys
- FASTTAKES: Vodafone, Google, Huawei, Ofta, SK Telecom, Opera
- FASTTAKES: Apple, Google, Qwest Communications, Opera, Ofta
- FASTTAKES: Alcatel-Lucent, Ericsson, Bharti Airtel, Opera, Ubiquisys