- Football: UEFA Champions League, Group F
- Stadium: Polish Army
- Time: 11.10.2022 22:00
After a close call at Santiago Bernabeu, the second leg brings Los Blancos to Ukraine for the final round of this fixture, which if won, would guarantee their qualification for the Knock-out stage. The earlier match saw the boys in white narrowly stealing the win. However, this return match promises a scintillating performance from the home side, who refused to depart Spain without a goal despite the home disadvantage.
Despite looking safe in the second position of the table, a loss in this fixture would render Igor Jovicevic’s side porous to qualification struggles. Clinical precision from Oleksandr Zukov in the thirty-ninth minute, courtesy of Bogdan Mykhaylychenko saw Shakhtar Donetsk hopeful at first, but no more goals came in the match, disappointing most fans. A thing of note is that; so far this season, Shakhtar Donetsk is the only group-stage team that has plundered the defenses of the star-studded Madrid team,
For Monday’s game, Shakhtar Donetsk would go on to play without the services of Viktor Kornilenko (Cruciate ligament injury) who is expected back in early February.
Since 2018, Shakhtar Donetsk has failed to reach the UEFA knockout stage and this time, they look like anything is possible, positively. A wonderful display in Spain shows that they have the talent required to topple Real Madrid, one of Spain’s finest. And Fans would hope for more of the same; if not better.
Form (Champions League): W - D - L
Coach: Igor JovicevicBet on both teams to Score - Yes at 1.72 odds from Bet365
Real Madrid (1st)
A beautiful home win gave Carlo Ancelotti a one-goal lead against Shakhtar Donetsk on Wednesday, October 5th, in an encounter that finished 2-1; an average performance for an elite team like Real Madrid. The Madridistas sought goals and got goal-scoring opportunities, but the man behind the Shakhtar defense, Andriy Lunin was equal to the task and denied many chances on goal, producing an almost frustrated Benzema.
Thibaut Courtois (Back Injury), Dani Ceballos (Hamstring strain), and Karim Benzema (lack of fitness) may be off-game for the second leg of the fixture.
Madrid has a string of victories in the group. They have successfully triumphed over Celtic in a three-nil (3-0) encounter, RB Leipzig in a two-nil (2-0) encounter, and Shakhtar Donetsk, bagging nine points out of nine in the three matches played.
Form: W - W - W
Coach: Carlo Ancelotti
Expert Betting Tips
- Bet on over 2.5 Match Goals
- Bet on both teams to Score - Yes
- Bet on Vinicius Jnr to score
- Both teams would be looking to outdo the other. Shakhtar Donetsk may lose, but they would score at least one goal. And if they score, Madrid would equalize and eventually win. Either way, goals would come from both teams;
- Both teams have great goal-scoring momentum. The first leg showed both teams playing with caution, not wanting to stray far from areas of comfort. However, we see a lot of slip-ups in this return leg, goal-scoring slip-ups;
- Vinicius is thirsty for a goal, and we see that evident in the first leg he looks to quench his thirst in this match, seeing as Benzema may be absent in the lineup due to form worries.
Both teams would give each other hell. But a safe bet may be a Real Madrid win or draw. Shakhtar Donetsk may score goals, but they won’t win.
Good luck out there!Bet on Vinicius Jnr to score at 5.60 odds at Betking