Most Innovative Telecom Project
Globe Telecom's My Super Plan
|Last year's winner:||KDDI's A-Fund|
|Business segments:||Mobile voice and data services|
|President & CEO:||Ernest Cu|
|Key stats (2012):||Revenues of 22.8 billion pesos ($557 million), up 24%; postpaid 1.7 million subscriber base, up 19%|
As industry players got rooted deeper in buzzwords such as customer experience, personalization and differentiation, operators tried out various campaigns to keep subscribers engaged. One tack - which this year's winner took - is making available a sort of self-service scheme for customers that allowed both operator and customer to create service packages and achieve greater personalization.
As a result, Globe Telecom in the Philippines saw the performance of its postpaid segment driving growth of its mobile business last year. Strong demand for Globe's fully-customizable postpaid plans enabled the company to stake claim as the biggest and most consistently-growing postpaid brand in the country.
Globe pushed customization to the next level by unveiling its My Super Plan, a next-generation postpaid plan that gives subscribers the flexibility to choose their contract periods.
Martha Sazon, head of Globe's postpaid business, said the operator has been driving total transformation for the past three years, anchoring every move on strong customer-focus and innovation to enrich the customer experience.
"To ensure long-term competitiveness in a market envisioned to be largely built on data traffic, Globe is embarking on a massive $790 million network modernization and IT transformation program, the company's largest infrastructure commitment to date," said Sazon.
Sazon explained that the IT transformation is aimed at re-engineering Globe's IT systems to enhance its ability to roll out products to the market faster and respond to customer needs and preferences with more relevance and urgency. "Since the deployment of these initiatives, the company is on track to deliver its promise of superior customer experience," she added.
"This year's winner is a very innovative service that gives the customers freedom to create and customize the mobile postpaid plan that fits their preference and lifestyle, and its implementation has had a big impact in the local market."
Telecom Asia Awards 2013 Winners:
- Best Asian Telecom Carrier - NTT Communications
- Telecom CEO of the Year - David Thodey, Telstra
- Best Mobile Carrier - SK Telecom
- Best Broadband Carrier - Telekom Malaysia
- Best Emerging Markets Carrier - XL Axiata
- Best Managed Services Provider - BT Global Services
- Best International Wholesale Carrier – Pacnet
- Best Data Center Services Provider - Equinix
- Best Community Telecom Project - Smart Communications' NOAH Mobile
- Most Innovative Telecom Project - Globe Telecom's My Super Plan
- Best Cloud-Based Service - NTT Communications
- Most Innovative Partnership Strategy - 3 Hong Kong and WhatsApp
- Most Advanced Approach to CEM - CSL