- Extensive betting market
- Complimentary drinks
- Free Westgate Superbook Parking
- Free Wifi
- No welcome bonus for new players
- Operates exclusively in Nevada
While playing at sportsbooks is more of a recent trend, casinos have operated for several years, particularly in Nevada. The state stood out as the sole proponent for gambling in America in the early 20th century where laws like the Federal Wire Act of 1961, the Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act of 1992, and the Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act (UIGEA) of 2006 combined to make life miserable for gambling franchises on the American market. They mostly did not apply to Nevada as the state already had some form of legalized sports betting. Nevada legalized gambling in 1949, and it has been a mainstay in the state since.
Each casino in Las Vegas tends to be good at one particular thing, and at Westgate, it’s the sportsbook. Westgate Sportsbook is known as the Las Vegas Superbook and rightly so. Tagged as the “World’s Largest Race and Sports Book,” the sportsbook opened on the 2nd of July, 1969, and was at the time was the largest hotel and casino in the world. The casino is situated on the Las Vegas Strip’s northern end and really does boast the world’s largest sportsbook. Following the COVID-19 pandemic, the sportsbook reopened operations on June 18, 2020.
Now that the Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act (PAPSA) of 1992 has been repealed, Nevadans might have increased concerns over the laws that brought sports betting to the state in 2013 In Nevada.
- All sportsbooks must be affiliated with a retail casino provider within the state.
- You can only sign-up/register, withdraw winnings, and make deposits at the sportsbook in person.
- You cannot access any betting platform via a web/online platform, nor via a PC. It must be an Android mobile.
Westgate completed the retail sportsbook’s renovation in 2016, upgrading its service and customer experience to a state-of-the-art standard. The estimated total amount spent was over $100 million, covering every inch of the sportsbook. Today, the renovated Superbook features:
- A 25,000 square foot space which is the largest floor space at any sportsbook in the world
- Available seats for over 300 guests with each seat fit with its individual 32-inch LED screens and headphones
- 19 wagering windows to cover the huge daily demand
- There is also a large bar at the center of the sportsbook
- A massive video wall with over 200 feet of Ultra HD (4K) screens
- A non-smoking atmosphere with special arrangements for bettors that want to smoke
- An easy to use mobile app
- A complete bar fit with cocktail service, plus decent food options
- VIP sections for big payers and parties
It is no doubt that Westgate is Nevada’s most extensive wagering system. Aside from the over 300 regular seats, the sportsbook usually opens the Westgate Theatre on NFL Sundays, making more than an additional 1000 seats available for bettors in Nevada. Westgate is genuinely a sports bettor’s paradise.
The SuperBook is open to Nevadans 24/7, but the sportsbook’s betting hours are
- Monday to Thursday from 8 AM to 10 PM
- Friday and Saturday from 8 AM to 11 PM
- Sunday from 8 AM to 10 PM
Westgate Welcome Bonuses
As big as Westgate is, there are still no welcome bonus offers for new players at the moment. But there could be occasional promotions for new signups, so make sure you ask the sportsbook representative while registering.
|Westgate Bonus Code||None|
|Maximum Bonus available||None|
|States where the sportsbook operates||Nevada|
Other Bonuses and Promotional Offers
Westgate hots occasional promotional offers for her users with massive winning pots.
- Westgate Resorts SuperContest: The SuperContest is regarded as the ultimate football handicapping contest competition. It is trendy amongst bettors with huge payouts for the top against the spread NFL bettors. At the start of each football season, players register to participate in the contest and pick five pro games per week. They earn points for each win and half a point for a tie. The bettor with the most points over the entire season wins the contest, and a single bettor has a maximum of three entries. The entry fee is $1,500, and the top 100 contestants will win cash prizes this year. The winner in 2019 cashed out a record of $1,469,644.80.
- Westgate Resorts SuperContest Gold: It is pretty much like the SuperContest except that the winner takes all in this type. The entry fee is $1,500, and the winner in 2019 took home $585,000. If you feel you’re that good, you can go all out.
- Westgate Resorts SuperContest Reboot: This is a separate contest from the SuperContest and gives players a second chance to win big. It runs from week 9 through to week 17.
- 4 quarter bonuses: Westgate has recently introduced a new 4 quarter bonus offer that each has a $135,000 prize pool with the top three carting home prizes
- 1st position - $100k
- 2nd position- $25k,
- 3rd position - $10k
They also have later weekly selection deadlines compared to the SuperContests.
Players that register for the SuperContest are eligible for a complimentary 2-night stay at the Hotel every week during the football season. Westgate certainly does the most when they do anything.
Other seasonal contests include Major League Baseball & NBA Season and trade Wins, Hoops Central and Trade Challenge, Big Game Prop Contest amidst others.
As per Loyalty Programs, Westgate has a “WOW rewards” program that encourages existing players to keep coming back for more. It is exclusive to players that register and have a player’s card. Like most sportsbooks, they are not extremely generous offers, but you can use them to get food, drink, or other things within the resort. Bettors earn Rewards & Tier Credits depending on the game or bet type, the amount paid, and how long they play for the sportsbook. You can redeem $1 for 100 Reward Points. Also, note that the player’s card can be useful for bettors if you misplace your betting ticket. A single swipe, and you can track your bet.
Westgate Sportsbook Wagering Lines
Westgate has some decent wagering lines, and the Westgate Superbook menu is one of the most extensive wagering menus of any independent sportsbook in the state. They are one of the first Las Vegas properties to post weekly NFL lines (Sundays at 4 PM) and have a fascinating list of parlay cards and prop bets on show.
The betting lines and odds are basically the same on the app as they are at the retail sportsbook. Some of the available bets include:
- Point spread
- Money line (full and partial game)
- Parlay cards (when available)
- Round Robin
Westgate caters to some of the most prominent players in the game, as well as professional bettors. As such, the markets you most likely won’t find at any other sportsbook in Nevada, as well as some of the best odds. They also usually post their odds and lines for upcoming events earlier than many others.
More betting options are available on the Westgate sportsbook’s app, including live “in-play betting,” where lines are listed for games that have begun. The odds change as events unfold in real-time, and bettors can place wagers as they follow the odds.
Games You Can Wager on at Westgate Sportsbook
The Westgate Sportsbook does not have an incredibly long list of gaming options for Nevadan bettors, but what it does, it does well. The game that players can place wagers on include:
- Football (National Football League)
- Baseball (Major League Baseball)
- Basketball (National Basketball Association)
- Ice Hockey (National Hockey League)
- MMA and UFC
- Top soccer leagues in the world
- Boxing (Major fights mostly)
- Tennis (Particularly on all four Grand Slam events)
New users at Westgate must register to play and be eligible for the array of bonus offers available at the Sportsbook. Laws guiding Sportsbook operations mandate that all players must register at the brick-and-mortar sportsbook.
As a result, even though players can download the app from anywhere in the state, they must show at the retail sportsbook to register. The sportsbook has also simplified the process of registration. All you need to provide is a valid ID and active Westgate Las Vegas players club card. The entire process lasts less than 20 minutes, and your account is ready to go.
However, to get your player’s club card, you must sign up for the casino’s loyalty club, which means you must get to the casino cashier. The cashier is on the left just before you enter into the Westgate Superbook.
Making Deposits and Withdrawals at Westgate Sportsbook
As mentioned above, you can only make deposits and withdrawals at the sportsbook in person. You must bring legal identification to set up your wagering account. The minimum first deposit amount is $100. Subsequently, you can deposit a minimum of $50. Deposits can only take place at the Westgate. Once your account is set up, the sportsbook will give you a unique account number and password. You can change the password within the app at any time. Withdrawals are made in cash at the Westgate sportsbook.
Customer support for Westgate
The Westgate website has several downloadable materials that bettors can read up for more information about how to bet and occasional offers. While making deposits or signing up, you can always ask the representatives questions, and they are usually happy to help.
We have covered the fundamental aspects of playing at Westgate Superbook. In many ways, it is a leader for most other sportsbooks in the country, and if you are looking for an all-around great retail sportsbook experience, Westgate is the place to be.