|Best Community Telecom Project|
ToT Pracharat Project (ToT Public Company Limited)
TOT wanted telecom services for everyone. It knew that to realize the country’s Thailand 4.0 vision, it needed to enable communications in rural areas as well.
So, the biggest state-own telecom operator in Thailand launched the ToT Pracharat Project. It connected over 24,000 villages in the upper regions of Thailand with the National Broadband Fibred Network.
Wiring the rural areas had its challenges. Humidity and lightning danger needed a customized solution. To speed up delivery, ToT worked closely with ZTE to build a single rollout team for both field survey and service launch right from the onset.
The project was a success. It accelerated broadband penetration and reduced the digital divide-reasons for the Best Community Telecom Project.
This article first appeared on Telecom Asia December July 2018 Edition
- Telecom Asia Awards 2018: Disrupting the broadband market with customer value
- Telecom Asia Awards 2018: Banking on digital to lead the industry
- Telecom Asia Awards 2018: Making the modern telco CEO
- Telecom Asia Awards 2018: Powering Myanmar's digital dreams
- Telecom Asia Awards 2018: Switching on the 5G advantage with innovation