Spain's Telefonica will invest 24.3 billion reais ($14.65 billion) in its Brazilian operations - which currently include Telesp SA and Vivo - over the next four years.
The Indian government plans to auction 700MHz digital dividend spectrum in 2012 – but must first negotiate its release from the hands of public broadcaster Doordarshan and other government agencies.
An attack on the SSL security system, involving spoofing certificates from companies including Google, Microsoft, Yahoo and Skype, is believed to have originated from the Iranian government.
Google has delayed providing the source code of its Android 3.0 “Honeycomb” build, stating that more work needs to be done to make it suitable for use in smartphones as well as tablets.
Vodafone will acquire 210 stores operated by BelCompany, a Dutch mobile phone retailer owned by the Macintosh Group, for €120 million ($170.8 million).
Australia's Optus has slammed proposed legislative changes to the NBN project, which include allowing NBN Co to offer retail services directly, arguing that they could defeat the purpose of enabling a level playing field in the Australian telecom market.
- Webwire: Ericsson wins India TD-LTE deal; NBN rollout behind schedule
- Webwire: More defections at TOT; PCCW mulls trust listing
- Webwire: China Mobile to pick LTE vendors; India $2.9b auction
- Webwire: Google ponders EU fiber network; Apple, eBay stocks on the move
- Webwire: LG back to black in Q2; Apple plans face recognition API