- Separate section that is exclusive to virtual games
- Periodic offers that customers can take advantage of
- They are state regulated therefore giving customers confidence
- They have a lot of markets for both pre-match and live games
- Simple uncomplicated design that is easy to navigate
- Up to 175,000 NGN in sign up bonus
- Limited withdrawal options. The only way to withdraw money from LionsBet is through bank transfer. This makes it very inconvenient to use
- They do not have a casino section
- They do not have an app
Bonuses and Free Bets
LionsBet is heavy on the bonuses. Customers are entitled to sign up bonus that is divided into three:
- Upon making your first deposit you are entitled to a 100% bonus of up to 100,000 NGN. If you made a deposit of 100 NGN you would therefore have an extra 100 NGN to bet with
- The second deposit bonus gives you a 50% bonus on your deposit up to 100,000 NGN. The bonus is conditional to the deposit being 1,000 NGN and above
- The third deposit bonus allows you a 25% bonus of up to 100,000 NGN as well on deposits worth 1,000 NGN or more.
There are conditions attached to these bonuses including:
- You must wager at least 5 times (x5) on bets with odds of 1.5 and above before you can withdraw any winnings from the bonus
- You are also required to rollover your bonus value 7 times before any withdrawal is made. Once rolled over, the system merges your bonus account with your main account allowing you to make withdrawals
- To access the 2nd and 3rd deposit bonus, you must have activated and used the previous bonus. That is, to get the 2nd bonus, you must have used the first deposit bonus
- All bonuses are only valid for 30 day from their activation date
On top of the sign-up bonuses, LionsBet runs several promotions including:
- Combination bonus: of up to 5,000,000 NGN. It is calculated on accumulator bets of at-least three events with a minimum odd of 1.2
- Cash out: allows you to claim your bets when you want, irrespective of whether the match is ended. How much you get as payout is dependent on how likely it is that you were going to win. If the team you bet on already has a lead, you would very get close to the total bet amount. If not, you’re able to keep some of your bet money
- The Cut1 lets you keep a percentage of your loss from a bet. Even if you lose, LionsBet refunds 10% of your stake
- Loyalty points: every time a customer places a bet, they get some points that are added to their Frequent Player points meter. Every 1,000 points that you get can be redeemed for a cash bonus. This bonus is added to the accountholder’s balance and can be used immediately. There are minimum odds and bets that have to be met before one can get the points. Punters should read the terms to know whether their bets qualify to get them points
- Free bets: some bets will earn you free bets
Types of Bonuses
|Bookmaker||Welcome Bonus||Exclusive Bonus||Freebet||Loyalty Program||Cashback|
|30 USD||No||Up to 30 USD||No||No|
Mobile Sports Betting
So far, LionsBet does not have a dedicated betting app. The site is however available on mobile. When you open the website, they give you the option to choose your country and the device you intend to use. When you select the Smartphone tablet or Light Phone options, you will be redirected to a mobile friendly version of the site. The simple website design allows you to bet on the go without needing an App.
LionsBet is a bit limited when it comes to payment method options. They allow ATM deposits, Paystack, Web Pay, PayDirect, and Quickteller. The least amount you can deposit using any of the methods in 50 NGN and the maximum is 1,000,000 NGN. The ATM deposits can be made at over 20 banks using PayDirect. To make a deposit, you will:
- Visit the ATM nearest you
- Select ‘QuickTeller’ or Pay Bills’
- Select the ‘others’ option
- There is a merchant code section to fill, to do this, type in the code for whatever amount you intend to deposit. Some codes are: 04260202 for 500 NGN, 04260203 for 1000 NGN and so on
- You will then enter your customer ID and ‘Proceed’. When you enter your ID, the machine should bring up your name. Another name means that you have entered the wrong details. You can cancel the transaction and start afresh
- You may be asked to provide your telephone number. Once entered, you get a confirmation message and you are good to go
With withdrawals, LionsBet has even fewer options. The only method that is available is the Bank payout. You can withdraw between 1,000 NGN and 500,00 NGN daily. By law, LionsBet have to ask for identity verification before they can let you make the withdrawal. You may verify this by providing a scanned copy of your National ID, Passport or Voters Card. If verification is not provided, LionsBet will hold on to payment until it is provided. For amounts larger than 500,000 NGN, you will be required to go to their offices physically.
|Bookmaker||MetaScore||Bonus||Margin||Cash Out||Live Streaming|
|-||8 - 10%||No|
|200 USD||5 - 7%||Yes||Yes|
|100 USD||2 - 2,5%||Yes||Yes|
|50%||7 - 10%||Yes||No|
Launched in 2016, LionsBet is fairly new in the market. It is very popular in Nigeria and Zambia, mostly for the football markets it gives. It has a license from the Lagos State Lotteries Board and has its headquarters at Victoria Island, Lagos. The site is accessible in English and the official currency is the Nigerian Naira (NGN) .
Upon opening the website, you are prompted to select your residence as either Nigeria or Zambia and the device that you’re using. They have the option to use a smartphone, phone or desktop. Once you select these, you are redirected to the actual site that looks like this.
Legal Status by Country
LionsBet is regulated and licensed in Nigeria by the Lagos State Lotteries Board. It is therefore available in Nigeria and Zambia as well. So far, they do not accept players from any other region. This may change over the years.
When it comes to security, the site recognizes that they are privy to sensitive information, and they do their best to ensure that this information is protected from third parties. Aside from the use of passwords, they have an SSL web server that encrypts all financial and personal data of users.
Getting started on LionsBet is fairly easy. On the main page, the ‘Register’ tab is on the right-hand side of the screen. Click on it to open a pop-up registration page that looks like this:
You are required to fill in details such as:
- Birthdate to confirm that you are of legal age
- The state you reside in (Nigeria or Zambia) and your mobile phone number
When you have filled in all your details, you will be required to ‘accept Rules’ and ‘Register All’ to ensure that all your personal details are recorded.
As soon as all the details have been entered correctly and all the boxes ticked, you can proceed to click on the ‘SIGN UP’ button to complete your registration and your account is ready to use.
Markets and Betting Lines
There are about 20 games available to bet on at LionsBet. Four of these are Esports. The markets offered include:
- Winter sports
- Table tennis
- Beach Volleyball
- Ice hockey
- American Football
Of these markets, football is the most famous. They have thousands of markets available to bet on. The list of football markets available is as a sub-menu on the left-hand side of the site. It lists all the nations and leagues that are available to bet on.
You can bet on the champions league, Europa League, Premier League and all other major leagues and major events like the World Cup Qualifiers. For all of these games, there are numerous match markets to choose from. You can bet on:
- Match result
- Double chance
- Draw on bet
- Both teams to score
- Handicap markets
- Under/over goals
- Total goals (first, second team)
- Total goals(odd/even)
- Halftime/Full time and so much more
Basketball: LionsBet also have an impressive basketball selection. It is divided into 8 sections covering club and international games like the Euro League, the NBA, U19s women world cup and numerous country-based leagues.
LionsBet offers several esport games to bet on. Currently, they have odds for Overwatch, KoG, CS and Dota.
LionsBet have a couple of live bets available. They offer in-play bets on Football, Basketball, volleyball and tennis. The calendar section indicates matches coming over the next couple of days. This allows punters to schedule their bets accordingly. The Multiview tab allows you to drag up to 4 games and follow them at the same time. There isn’t a huge difference between the pre-match and live markets. Only the odds change. Odds generally shorten during in-play bets based on the occurrence of events such as a new goal.
Casino Poker and other activities
Presently, LionsBet does not have a casino section. But due to the rising popularity of casino in Nigeria, we can bet that they will eventually create one. However, they have some games that are close to slots that punters can play. Games such as Arcade, Scratchcards and Keno can fill in for casino until they develop a casino section.
The site currently has 16 games available in the Virtual games section. Virtual games as a category is gaining popularity and punters can get in on the action at LionsBet. Some of the most popular games include Virtual soccer and virtual rugby.
LionsBet runs a very profitable affiliate program. It allows members to make extra money by referring other players to the site. The referring member will get a percentage of any loss that the member they referred makes. They offer the best rates of any bookmaker. The commission starts at 35% with the potential to get to 50% of the referred member’s loss.
To begin earning via the referral program, you must first create an account. Once created, log in and click on the ‘affiliate’ tab. You will get a link that you will start sharing to your contacts. The link can also be used in banners on other sites. Any new logins that result from your link will earn you money as soon as they make their first bet.
Company name: LionsBet
License: Lagos State Lotteries Board
Customer support at LionsBet is very responsive. At the bottom of the page you will open the ‘contact us’ tab. It opens up as below. You may contact them on the site by typing in your name and message on the spaces provided or you can call them on their phone numbers as provided. They also have their social media handles where you may reach them for any sort of support.